Another option that I have used when the display software was unknown/quirky is
to create and prepare my presentation in Keynote and then export it to both
PowerPoint and PDF.

Most every Windows or Mac nowadays has a PDF reader delivered with it, and you
can display a PDF book, page by page, just like you can with any of the slide
show apps. What this technique is lacking is the ability to do nice transitions
or other features of real presentation software, but PDF does a very good job
of putting the photos on the screen with nice quality imaging. It's a good
backup to whatever other presentation strategy you care to use.

—
"Never mind."