On 1/3/2019 14:49:36, Steve Cottrell wrote:
On 3/1/19, John, discombobulated, unleashed:

... and damn Spectrum/Time Warner/Cablevision too.

John is this you?

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbjPOgRtyA>

Hah! If I carried the computer out into the ocean and got salt water inside it then the problem would be my fault.

It's NOT my fault.

There's something freaky going on with my internet connection. The modem keeps crashing my router. Just all of a sudden no internet. I can still see the rest of the network, but the connection to the modem is gone, and I can't log into the router.

I think Spectrum is doing something that's causing the modem to hiccup. It's happened three nights in a row right after midnight.

I have to shut down my computer, then the router, then the modem; wait a minute or so and restart the modem. Wait until the modem is on line then restart the router. Then I can restart the computer and log into the router.

I think I've got another modem about to crap out on me and that's the ISP's problem because I have to use their modem to get internet + phone. This is the fourth modem. It's lasted the longest of any of the modems they've provided. I've had it since November 2015.

First one lasted maybe a month, second one lasted 6 months and the third one lasted about a week. Between the second & third ones the cable guy came out and ran new cable from the junction box on the pole to the junction box on the side of the house and I ran a new cable from that junction box to the modem.