Thanks for the compliment on the photo, Daniel!

Cozumel is like so many small tourist towns for me: Most of what gets thrust in
front of tourists is the junk for sale by a lot of people trying to make a
living. I ignore nearly all of that.

My little troupe of erstwhile friends and I got off the ship and took a short
tour which included an hour at a tequila maker. Nice tasting there! Then they
all headed to a beach club and evidently had a lovely time there. I was not
interested in the beach ... This is a gay cruise, there's much more fun to be
had... and a more entertaining view of the wildlife... on the ship's pool deck
with the guys than at the beach for me. So I had the taxi driver take me back
to the pier and spent the afternoon walking the ship and talking with people.

I didn't go on a gay cruise for the local color. As I said to one of the
beautiful young guys whom I had a margarita with, "We're here for us: We make
our own entertainment, we are our own entertainment, as we travel through
exotic places and enjoy being apart from our 'normal' world for a time. All of
us together." ];-)

I did have a great time alone with the taxi driver as he told me all about his
life: He competes in triathlon events, he cycles. A youngish man of 44 years,
his family came from the Island, his wife is from the mainland ... how they
met, their kids. He asked about my life in the USA. For a twenty minute ride,
it was a good long lifetime of sharing ideas and interests. That's the kind of
cultural exchange I like. :-)

—
No matter where you go, there you are.