There's the 64 million dollar question.  Even if such wood exists today, the
owner is unlikely to be willing to allow it to be harvested.

ND is in an unusual (but not unique) position - it's a historical artefact that
can still function for its intended purpose.  It therefore behoves us as its
temporary guardians to inflict as little change as possible.  How that's going
to be done is the interesting question.  Windsor castle showed that restoration
is possible on a smaller scale.  Not least because this is unlikely to be the
only instance, larger scale work needs a game plan.  Nelson planted a tree for
every one he harvested - that's the sort of forward thinking that needs to be
done right now.  I'm not confident.