Moore's law has been broken for about 5 years now.

However I was really hoping that they hadn't gone crazy on the UI since changing between cameras is getting to be more of a pain as I get older.  That looks like it might not be true since the top plate controls kind of look like those on the K-1 and the K-P but not really, and the back plate looks like the K-3 but not really.    That said, the addition of a joystick for selecting autofocus points etc. is probably a very good thing, better than a lot of videocentric controls on a camera that's universally acknowledged as a not great video platform.  The third dial on the back of the top plate if it can be dedicated to something useful such as ISO would be very useful.  The small dial that eats into the top plate display seems to have very few functions on it, enough said about that.

Better auto focus would be nice, improved battery life would be nice, higher resolution than the K-3 is probably a given, but I don't really think it's necessary in an APS-C sized sensor, fewer higher quality pixels might be a better option but the Megapixel wars must go on apparently.  Higher frame rates also probably a given, (hopefully with the return of the 1/8000 sec top shutter speed), but it kind of depends on the implementation.  I expect that higher dynamic range is also in the cards, though probably through programming trickery, still that too would be nice, (nicer if the user could turn it off to get true raw files, if possible).

Faster bus speed with a big buffer, yes that would be nice too. Most likely we'll see one or the other of those.

I really do hope this gives people a compelling case to upgrade, because that's the only way RIcoh will sell enough cameras for Pentax to survive as a brand and a system.

Unfortunately as with all Digital cameras nowadays, it's main competition will be with the previous two or three generations of digital cameras, which reached sufficiency for the needs for most photographers, and sell at bargain prices.