Yes, "Seed Head" is right. When we were kids we used to work (stroke) large ones up one coat sleeve, across the shoulders and down the other sleeve.

Alan C

On 01-Dec-20 03:46 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
I agree it's not a frond, but I wouldn't call it a shaft either.  Perhaps a
seed head?

In any event, that is a fine image;  great composition.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery