I had a little better luck with the planets tonight, this is my best, you can
actually see Saturn’s rings without squinting too hard
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50743174936/in/album-72157717440959336/

Pentax K-1 with adaptall 300/2.8 + 2x teleconverter ISO 400 1/100 second

full album here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157717440959336

After the conjunction was too deep in the haze, I decided to see whether the
Tamron worked better with or without the 2x using my lunar test subject.  When
cropped to about the same size the shots with the 2x did seem a bit sharper

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157717452588397

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com