Rather than hiking in the redwood forest in the state park (Fall Creek), I went
for a walk in the chaparral in  the county park halfway around my block (Quail
Hollow). As it turns out, once I put the DFA 50 macro on the K-1 it stayed
there for the rest of the afternoon. When I bought it, all I had was an APS
sensor body, and it was an awkward focal length, and the DA 35 made an
excellent go for a walk in the woods lens.  When I’m specifically shooting
macro I almost always use the DFA-100, unless I want a wide AoV for the
background, in which case I’ll use the sigma 20, so I don’t tend to think of
the 50.
On my walk in Fall Creek yesterday, I found myself switching a lot between the
DFA 100 and the 35/1.4 so I thought I’d give the 50 a try today.  It really
does work quite well as a walkaround lens, particularly in the woods.

At one point there were some backlit berry leaves that had mostly turned red.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50941595606/in/album-72157718285290357/

If anybody is interested in the rest of my walk:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157718285290357

The manzanita was quite interesting, many of the plants were somewhere between,
buds, flowers and berries, so the macro got quite the workout.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com

--