I used to have a lightly used  Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Inkjet Printer
which was neglected for years
(totally unattended with the ink set mounted).
Tried everything I might and failed to make the head sing again.
I had to leave it on top of an electronic garbage pile.
Now I have a lower spec model (L805) and try to keep it happy by turning it on
(even when nothing is to be printed)
every now and then.

Bulent
http://patoloji.gen.tr