On 4/1/2021 8:27 AM, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
Am 01.04.21 um 16:02 schrieb pen...@dfsee.com:

The actual battery charge-circuitry is now built-in to the camera itself, which is an advantage in some situations, but less so in others

I think this deserves the grand prize for the most idiotic idea of all
times. So, once the battery is empty, I put the camera aside for the
time it takes to recharge and then I can use it again?

For many years, the solution of recharging spare batteries outside of
the camera seemed to me to be the only sensible way. Even my car has a
230 volt socket, so I can use the supplied Pentax battery charger on the
road.

Or what am I getting wrong here?

What you are getting wrong is that you can buy an accessory battery charger, either from Pentax or a variety of aftermarket companies.
Think of it as part of the price of admission.
In Canada, I can get a third party charger for about 40 dollars. I expect the K3III will cost close to Can$2500.00 when released. I'm not in the market for this particular camera, but if I was, I wouldn't be bitching very hard about an extra less than 2% for an accessory charger. Oh, unless you haven't upgraded since the K20, it's the same battery as has been in use since 2009, and the same charger. You might just have a battery charger sitting around your house if you think about it.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List