On 3/31/2021 12:52 PM, Bill wrote:

The fixed LCD screen was planned from the get go. The camera is built around an apparently fantastic viewfinder. I suspect Ricoh knows their market, and knows that their customer already has an external battery charger.

A reviewer on Peta Pixel was very impressed with the viewfinder and commented that developing it must of been a considerable effort. I have no idea what it takes to build a better finder, but it may be that Pentax is really serious about people wanting to use optical finders vs EVF's and decided to build the camera around this feature. Hopefully there is really a market segment motivated by super nice view finders. The camera does look impressive.

Mark

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List