On 5/31/2021 12:26 PM, David J Brooks wrote:
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:08 PM Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

My understanding is that 4 weeks is the minimum in order to get maximum
effectiveness, but if countries are prioritizing getting more people
partially vaccinated, they may delay the second shot to have higher overall
resistance.  i.e. two people at 70% is more effective overall than one at
90%.

Thats what is happening up here.

It seems to work. Where I am, we were practically the North American hot spot 3 months ago. The powers that be started shifting vaccinations to my city in mid March, and not things have started to settle down quite nicely. They took a bunch of restrictions off today, restaurants can now offer increased seating, indoor gatherings can now be as many as 10 people (last week indoor gatherings were whoever lives there, that's it), etc. We now have enough people vaccinated that in a few weeks they will be lifting more restrictions, and with luck, by mid July we might actually be able to have something of a normal life again.

I'm able to book my second shot in a week, or possibly sooner.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List