Isn't there a timer on the camera?

On 12/1/21 12:03 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
I need some recent portraits, and have made some attempts at selfies.  It’s
extra challenging when you can’t see what the camera does.

I had the clever idea that I can plug an external monitor into the HDMI and use
that for framing etc.

It *almost* works.  Unfortunately, if I set the camera’s exposure to use
strobes the live view is so dark it won’t auto focus.  Even when I put it on
manual focus, it often refuses to fire the shutter.

Also the screen is so dark, it’s damn near useless for live view.

And there is no way at all to change things so that you can use live view with
a flash.

Sigh.

--
Larry Colen