> On 22 Jan 2024, at 21:36, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Can it reset the clock to LOCAL time?
>
> That's the biggest problem I have with the clock - traveling to a different
> time zone and forgetting to set the camera's clock to the correct time zone,
> i.e. I have the camera set to "New York" (because it doesn't have a setting
> for "Eastern" time or "Raleigh, NC" and I'm in Albuquerque ... or halfway
> round the world, so the clock may be off anywhere 2 to 12 hours.

I’d expect the satellites to transmit UTC. Local time is a function of UTC and
the time zone offset and savings time, derived from the GPS coordinates.

If I were you I’d set all my cameras to UTC, then you shouldn’t have any
problems merging image files from different cameras and getting the date/time
sorting all stuffed up.

Then photograph a town name from time to time so you have an embedded record of
where you were. Modern operating systems can recognise and select text in image
files, so you can copy and paste it into the metadata if you want to.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List