Sorry to contradict you, but according to my pictures, things are exactly
the other way round, and the 85 FA* wins very easy against the 77 Ltd.
The 85mm FA* at f/1.4 (not to speak of f/2) is far better than the 77mm at
f/1.8!
During the time I had the FA*85, I found it not quite useable near wide open. In fact, it was so soft I tried to stay with f4 or smaller. I have never done any formal test, just shooting out and what I got. Never had such problem with 77.

Apart Pentax claims, did you notice any actual difference, by comparing them
in same situation? I have no opinion on that topic, as I didn't make proper
comparisons.
I know many would consider I am insane, but I have managed to take some very nasty bokeh pictures (not every picture btw) with the FA*85, but never with the 77. Unfortunately, my 85 was sold years ago so I can make no direct comparison.

regards,
Alan Chan