Could I ask to see some sample code for the COM port commands?

I've searched the past few years help digests, and your guidance for Dr.
Rusciano (quoted below) is what I could find... I'd like to follow up.

The EMOTIV+ EEG software we have can listen to COM1 or COM2, and can take
in one code...  Thus far it only works (sending from another program,
SuperLab) when I set parity to odd.

The OpenCOMPort() command has parameters for number (do I just say "1" for
COM1?) and baud rate, but not sfaict for parity or handshaking.

I would really like to be able to present our stimuli using PEBL instead,
but clearly I could use some help with the serial port part.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Anne G.

​...