Charles Morris was a performing magician in his youth -- Max Fisch brought this
to my attention in 1983 when I was researching Morris's papers at the Peirce
project.  Morris has an elaborate album with his ad's and reports of his
performances, etc. As his miserable editing of Mead's ms's show, he vastly
overrated his abilities so magicians aren't necessarily "smarter" than their
audience apart from what they have read or learned from others of tricks.

Harold L. Orbach

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2014, at 1:45 PM, "Benjamin Udell"