Stephen, Jeffrey, Edwina, lists,

(1)  In connection with the debate on nominalism vs. realism,  it may be of
some interest to consider the Existential Triad  of Burgin proposed in [1]
(see the figure below) that seems similar to the triadic models of the
world advocated by Popper and Penrose [2].  What is interesting to me is
that in all these models, a distinction is made between the Mental world
and the World of structures (which I used to think to be equivalent):

[image: Inline image 1]
(Reproduced from [1])

(2)  As the possible 'residents' (or constituents) of the World of
structures (WS), I am inclined to suggest the concepts of (i) ITR
(Irreducible Triadic Relation) [3], (ii) the Golden ratio [3], (iii)
Fibonacci series [3], and PDE (Planckian distributions equation) [4] which
I have already discussed on these lists.

(3) The main purpose of this post is to bring to your attention my recent
findings

(a) that a Gaussian distribution (indicating randomness) can be transformed
into a right or a left long-tailed histogram (indicating non-randomness or
order) simply by replacing the x-coordinates of the Gaussian distribution
with Fibonacci numbers (or their derivatives such as F^0.5 and log(log F),
where F is a segment of the Fibonacci series),while keeping its y
coordinates invariant, and
(b) that such Gaussian-derived long tailed histograms can be simulated with
PDE using as its x-coordinates the same Fibonacci numbers used in (a).  I
will refer to this combined procedure as the "*Fibonacci number-based
transformation of Gaussian to Planckian distribution*" (FTGP), which can be
schematically represented thus:

                                                                     i)
replace x with F
                        * Gaussian Distribution*
 ----------------------------->  *Planckian Distribution *
                             (Random processes)      ii) keep y invariant
     (Non-random, i.e., ordered processes)
               [Thermal or Brownian motions]
          [Selection processes driven by free energy]

*Figure 1.*  A diagrammatic representation of FTGP. The transformation of
the Gaussian distribution to the Planckian distribution by carrying out two
operations, i) and ii), where F indicates a segment of the Fibonacci
series, e.g., F = (5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 133, 277, 410).

(4) The findings in (3) indicate that the Gaussian distributions (or
Brownian) motions are  essential (or prerequisite) for Planckian processes
that underlie LTHs, and PDE (or mathematics) is the sign that connects
them:

                             Gaussian Distribution  ----------->  PDE
 ----------->  Observed LTH

                                             ^

 |_____________________________________|

*Figure 2.*  The Gaussian distribution as a pre-requisite for observed LTHs
(long tailed histograms).  f = FTGP; g = the numerical values of the PDE
parameters conform to shape of Observed LTH; h = Gaussian distribution
underlies Observed LTHs.    The commutativity condition is thought to hold:
f x g = h.

(5)  I suggest, for possible discussions on these lists, the following
tentative conclusions:

(a) All the 'Peirce's simple concepts' discussed above (i.e., the Golden
ratio, Fibonacci numbers, ITR, and PDE) are "innate properties" of the
Universe in which we reside and belong to the "World of Structures" of
Plato, Popper, Penrose, and Burgin [1], and

(b) Since humans are the products of the Universe, so are these concepts
innate to the human mind, which would be consistent with the practopoiesis
model of the human mind [6].

(c) The "Peirce's simple concepts are *Signs* that refer to the *Physical
World* and determine the *Metal World *in such a manner as to make it
compatible with the Physical World:

                                *Physical World  *------>  *World of
Structures* ------> *Mental World*

                                                  ^

|_________________________________________|

*Figure 3.    *The irreducible triadic relation (ITR) among the three
worlds of Popper, Penrose, and Burign [1].
                  f = natural sciences; g = human sciences; h = innate
knowledge (?)

With all the best.

Sung
Sungchul Ji, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Rutgers University
Piscataqwy, N.J. USA

httP//www.conformon.net