Clark, List,
Sorry, I think, I have had a misunderstanding based on the problem of translating "power" to German: "Macht" (mightiness) is only the power, a human or an institution has to achieve their particular iterests, but English "power" is a much more general term: In this case perhaps a universal teleology or telos?
Best,
Helmut