Dear list:

What I find comedic and tragic about this whole situation is that while
claiming truth about interpreting Peirce, you continue to ignore the ground
that is put in front of us.

How many different ways are there of interpreting CP 5.189, the logic of
abduction?   There is your exactness and one for which a label of
“normative form of abduction” has been placed by Peirce, himself.  If this
is not his strongest argument, then which?

So, why not chirp with that?  It serves at least to provide a ground for
argument.  If not this, then what is your ground?  Substance, being, truth,
one two three, object, subject, predicate, mind, icon, index, symbol,
phenomenon…they are all there.

Instead, it continues to be about desire to be proved correct and the
discussion is left whimsical in personal experience.  While his work is
open to analysis and interpretation, it is also open to serve as a frame to
truth.  There is a correct way, one *ugly* enough to be safe from
kidnappers.

*SOCRATES: Why, because I asked you to **deliver virtue into my hands whole
and unbroken, and I gave you a pattern according to which you were to frame
your answer**; and you have forgotten already, and tell me that virtue is
the power of attaining good justly, or with justice; and justice you
acknowledge to be a part of virtue.*

*SOCRATES: What of that! Why, did not I ask you to tell me the nature of
virtue as a whole? And you are very far from telling me this; but declare
every action to be virtue which is done with a part of virtue; as though
you had told me and I must already know the whole of virtue, and this too
when frittered away into little pieces.  *

~Meno

Best,
Jerry R