On 12/29/2016 10:02 PM, John F Sowa wrote:
On 12/29/2016 2:52 PM, Helmut Raulien wrote:
I wonder why [Luther's] still well regarded.

For the same reason as Russell vs. Peirce:  better hype and PR.

John

Helmut, John, List,

The essential reading for answering that question —
How the Protestant Ethic takes root in the hearts
of those who set out merely seeking, if a bit too
desperately, some assurance of personal salvation,
and how they come to wander lost in the spiritual
wasteland of Moneytheism that so rules our nation
today — is The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of
Capitalism by Max Weber.  There are some links on
the following pages:

• https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/readings/https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2013/06/10/moneytheism/

Regards,

Jon