One of the most important points of convergence with Wittgenstein and Peirce I find in the note by Wittgenstein when starting his lectures on Mathematics. He opened his lectures by stating: I will not say anything anyone will disagree with. If someone does, I will say something else. (not a quote, mind you).

CSP, for his part, stated: Do not pretend to doubt anything you do not doubt in your heart.

This was the core of his critique against Descartes, and his "method".

Along with this a comment to a silly note on empirism and the senses. On which I do not wish to converse any more than this note.

Empereia simply means experience. Something reached by trying something out in practice. Observing systematically. In the times of Aristotle is was taken for granted that there are six senses, the five special senses AND (in the later Latin form) the common sense. Which was generally agreed to reside and to be felt in the heart.

So there was a general agreement that the mind has a deep connection with heart, not just with the brain. As is commonly presumed in our ages.

No pictures or movies of electrical activities of brains can prove that human mind needs no body.

But the ancients also took for granted that there is a soul. And that souls are real. And that various souls have a unique quality. - Just as do fingerprints. Which is a fact nowadays easy to concur with. - Why not the unique quality of souls?

Kirsti