Jon, List,

I dunno. I'm increasingly coming to feel that Peirce's architectonic of the universal categories is the lens by which to view him.

"I have begun by showing that tychism must give birth to an evolutionary cosmology, in which all the
regularities of nature and of mind are regarded as products of growth, and to a Schelling-fashioned idealism which holds matter to be mere specialized and partially deadened mind." (CP 6.103)

In light of the more developed science of quantum mechanics and relativity that emerged at the end of his life, my guess is that Peirce himself would want to test and (perhaps) refine his architectonic. What I am really trying to probe is whether his cosmology a) holds up in light of these developments; and b) was already anticipatory of them.

Mike