John, speaking of Frederik Stjernfelt’s Natural Propositions, you may not be
aware that peirce-l (and the biosemiotics list) hosted an intensive discussion
of it that lasted through most of 2015. Frederik participated very generously
in it, especially in the early months.

At Gary Richmond’s urging, I pitched the idea of this “slow read” to Frederik
when I met him at the Peirce Centennial conference in Lowell, and he readily
agreed to take part. (I had already read it, in fact proofread the text shortly
before it went to the publisher, and had recommended it to the lists.) I then
organized several discussion leaders who volunteered to take charge of various
parts of the book, using the subject lines of posts to distinguish the various
threads. In fact Jon was originally scheduled to be one of the leaders, but he
withdrew before his turn came. So he may (or may not) be familiar with the book
already; but many of us who’ve been on the list since 2014 are definitely
familiar with it.

Some of what I considered the most crucial ideas in Natural Propositions also
turn up in the late chapters of my book Turning Signs, for instance, notably
here: http://www.gnusystems.ca/TS/scp.htm#nvlvn. (My book doesn’t deal much
with formal logic, but it does with natural languages and their relations to
biology, psychology and logic as semiotic.)

I think Ben Udell can probably dig out some useful links from the list
archives, too.

Gary f.