I've not seen a clearer set of signals from Peirce that we do experience
some satisfaction when we engage in a process of thought that results in
expressions and actions of a practical sort.  Though he does not speak of
logic in this passage can there be any doubt that the reason he celebrates
reason as a quality within us relates to the attainment of good?  If Peirce
had had a few more lifetimes I think he would have proposed universal
methodologies based on his sense of universal truths. In effect, that is
what the pragmaticist maxim prefigures and moves toward.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose