Jerry, List,
I guess, that the union of units that unifies the unity is something different from a part-whole-affair, that is something that can sufficiently be depicted with a Venn-diagram. I think your saying of union of units fits better to real nature or phenomena than the part-whole-concept. So I guess it might be better not to talk with the term "part" anymore, but replace it with "unit"? Maybe "part" suggests, that there is a "whole", which is nothing more than its parts, but "unit" is a term still freeer of such a presupposition?
Best,
Helmut

22. Dezember 2017 um 19:47 Uhr
 "Jerry LR Chandler" <jerry_lr_chand...@icloud.com>