On 5/13/2018 10:16 AM, Edwina Taborsky wrote:
Hey, John -  you forgot: Happy Mother's Day.

[mutter, mutter, seethe, fume...if my kids ever did that..mutter, mutter].

Given the theme of this thread, I suspect that the ones who might
feel the most slighted would be Mary, Gaia, Hera, Demeter...

And you have to be careful not to offend them.  The statue of Demeter
at Eleusis became the statue of St. Dimitra.  According to a legend,
her daughter was abducted by a Turk.  But the statue itself was
abducted by a British archaeologist -- and the boat sank.  However,
the statue was recovered and sent to England, where it is now mostly
ignored in a dusty corner of a museum.