Interesting - but - if you see our species [homo sapiens] as a kind
of 'black slate' so to speak - then, how do you explain the fact that
the infant has to be socialized; i.e., our species is not born with
innate knowledge and requires a long nurturance period.  And our type
of socialization requires language. So- how do you get away from the
notion that the requirement for language is innate?

        Edwina
 On Wed 08/08/18  5:14 AM , Daniel L Everett danleveret...@gmail.com
sent:

https://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/D/bo16611802.html
[1]
 https://ling.auf.net/lingbuzz/004132 [2]
 Here are two recent works of mind on culture and cognition. I will
be exploring these further in a specifically Peircean context in a
book coming out next year from OUP.
 Dan Everett
 Sent from my iPhone