Helmut, that’s a good question, but I don’t much care for any of your answers.
Here’s mine:

In CP 1.286-7 (which has been quoted before in this thread), Peirce speaks of
phaneroscopy as a science which, being public like any other science, depends
on multiple observations. He therefore refers to a plurality of
phaneroscopists, each of whom has to make his or her own direct observations of
the phaneron. Thus we must refer to a plurality of “phanerons” when we consider
what they are doing. We might say that each of these phanerons is a token of
the generic phaneron, and each observer a token of the mind that the phaneron
is present to. Here is the quotation again:

[[ There is nothing quite so directly open to observation as phanerons; and
since I shall have no need of referring to any but those which (or the like of
which) are perfectly familiar to everybody, every reader can control the
accuracy of what I am going to say about them. Indeed, he must actually repeat
my observations and experiments for himself, or else I shall more utterly fail
to convey my meaning than if I were to discourse of effects of chromatic
decoration to a man congenitally blind. What I term phaneroscopy is that study
which, supported by the direct observation of phanerons and generalizing its
observations, signalizes several very broad classes of phanerons; describes the
features of each; shows that although they are so inextricably mixed together
that no one can be isolated, yet it is manifest that their characters are quite
disparate; then proves, beyond question, that a certain very short list
comprises all of these broadest categories of phanerons there are; and finally
proceeds to the laborious and difficult task of enumerating the principal
subdivisions of those categories. ]]

The reason that Peirce usually insists on the oneness of the phaneron (or
phenomenon) is explained (in his typical convoluted fashion) in EP2:472, 1913:

[[ … what I am aware of, or, to use a different expression for the same fact,
what I am conscious of, or, as the psychologists strangely talk, the ‘contents
of my consciousness’ (just as if what I am conscious of and the fact that I am
conscious were two different facts, and as if the one were inside the other),
this same fact, I say, however it be worded, is evidently the entire universe,
so far as I am concerned.]]

If that doesn’t help, there’s a much longer explanation in Turning Signs 5:
Inside Out (gnusystems.ca) <https://gnusystems.ca/TS/nsd.htm> .

Gary f