From: peirce-l-requ...@list.iupui.edu <peirce-l-requ...@list.iupui.edu> On
Behalf Of Gary Richmond
Sent: 3-Sep-21 13:27
To: Peirce-L <peirce-l@list.iupui.edu>
Cc: Jon Awbrey <jawb...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] André De Tienne: Slow Read Slide 39

JA: "not everything under construction is a science."

True. But I'd suggest that there is no good reason to block the way of inquiry
of those who think that phaneroscopy, for example, may prove to be a science
even if, at present, it remains in my view but a science egg. That it is not
yet clear whether it can be fully developed as a science (I believe that there
is good to think that it can) is, for me at least, one of the reasons why we're
having this slow read.

So, those who think phaneroscopy (involving the doctrine of categories) is
worth looking further into include not only Andre De Tienne, but to cite again
a recent book on the topic, Richard Kenneth Atkins', 2018 monograph, Charles S.
Peirce's Phenomenology: Analysis and Consciousness

https://oxford.universitypressscholarship.com/view/10.1093/oso/9780190887179.001.0001/oso-9780190887179

 GR