Gary F., List:

Put another way, "the pragmaticist does not make the *summum bonum* to
consist in action, but makes it to consist in that process of evolution
whereby the existent comes more and more to embody those generals which
were just now said to be *destined*, which is what we strive to express in
calling them *reasonable*" (CP 5.433, EP 2:343, 1905); and "Existence,
then, is a special mode of reality, which, whatever other characteristics
it possesses, has that of being absolutely determinate" (CP 6.349, 1902).
So, the growth of concrete reasonableness is the ongoing existential
embodiment of real generals, i.e., the conversion of indeterminate
conditional necessities into determinate individual actualities as the
contingent future is constantly becoming the accomplished past at the
nascent present.

Thanks again,

Jon