Helmut - I think you have a lot of misunderstandings of Peirce - and can only
suggest: Read Peirce.

And think: How can an entity organized within Firstness [ pure vague feeling]
produce an entity organized within the much more restrictive mode of Secondness
[an actual single form]? Think of this situation in terms of ‘information
-content. Can an entity with a low information content [ ie, just a
feeling]..produce an entity with a higher information content [ a singular
thing]?  How? Where does it get that increased  information to form something
that is so much more organized?  How does pure indeterminacy [Firstness]
produce something determined [ Secondness]. You are moving into magical
assumptions!

Tha’s why the outline by Peirce in “EP:272 “A Sign , or Representamen, is a
First which stands iin such a genuine triadic relation to a Second, called its
Object, as to be capable of determining a Third, called its Interpretant”….

….Has to be understood as referring to ordinal numbers rather than the modal
categories. Peirce warned of this error [p 271 note] “The conception of a
First, improperly called an ‘object’ and of aSecond, should be carefully
distinguished from those of Firstness or Secondness’.

I am aware of a number of people on this list who insist that these words
First, Second, Third, refer to he modal categories - but I’ve never understood
how they can come to such a conc

Again - if you read what he wrote - Peirce was referring to the RELATIONS
between the ’nodes’ [Representamen, Object, Interpretant] and to these
relations as determinants. He was not referring to their mode-of-being, or the
categories.

And - just a wee bit of thought - would lead you to realize that something in
a. Mode of Firstness [pure indeterminacy] doesn’t have the informational
capacity to produce something in a mode of either Secondness or Thirdness with
their much more restrictive natures!!!!!

Edwina