jerry

Yes- you can feel a headache without going through the rather complicated analysis that it’s a triadic experience.

No- I don’t think the triad requires ‘exterior objects’ in the sense of being external to the person. You can mutter through your own thoughts all alone!
But I think the notion of external does apply to the semiotic process. Take a cell- it necessarily interacts with its surroundings- otherwise it would be dead - and these interactions function within the triadic process. In that sense - yes , semiosis functions by an entity interacting with its exterior.

And no - the triadic relation is basic within the physical and chemical and biological realms. Ie the non symbolic realms.
But  you already know this

Edwina

Sent from my iPhone