All,

I am not yet a Peirce scholar, but I do know a bit about Web technology and
its social capabilities. I agree that it is particularly important to
preserve Peirces work in a way that makes it accessible to a wide range of
scholars and interested parties.

Two avenues for doing this suggest themselves.

1. Contact the Internet Archive - they are particularly interested in
preservation and have mobile technology (and I seem to recall reading
something about an established facility in the Harvard Library). It may take
some work to identify who to contact, however I suggest starting with
http://www.archive.org/about/about.php.

2. The other possibility is to take advantage of Google's Library Project -
http://books.google.com/googleprint/library.html. This is also set up in the
Harvard Library.

If you can convince either of these organizations in the value of preserving
Peirce's body of work, they would be powerful allies in locating the
necessary funding.

I hope the idea is helpful.

Bill

William P. (Bill) Hall, PhD
Documentation & KM Systems Analyst
Head Office/Engineering
Nelson House Annex, Nelson Place
Williamstown, Vic. 3016 Australia
Tel: +61 3 9244 4820
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Evolutionary Biology of Species and Organizations

Visiting Faculty Associate
University of Technology Sydney

Senior Fellow
Australian Centre for Science, Innovation and Society
History and Philosophy of Science
University of Melbourne
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[The] skyhook-skyscraper construction
of science from the roof down to the
yet unconstructed foundations [is]
possible because the behavior of the
system at each level [depends] on only
a very approximate, simplified,
abstracted characterization of the
system at the level next beneath.
H. Simon 1996 - The Science of the Artificial