Title: [peirce-l] Re: Sinsign, Legisign, Qualisign - help!
Dear Folks,

Thought some might be interested in George Soros new book _The Age of Fallibility_.  A review by Michael Maiello on the Fobes website states,  "On one hand, Soros argues, the way we understand the world in large part depends on what preconceptions we bring to our inquires and on what narratives we choose to follow and metaphors we employ to describe the world around us.  That  sounds pretty post-modern but unlike the PoMos, Soros assumes that there is an objective reality out there that, althought it defies complete description, can certainly prove us wrong".

Sounds about right to me but I've not read the book.  From an earlier book I'd say Soros was left of center politically and by his own account heavily influenced by Popper philosophically.

Cheers,
Jim Piat