Steve Diamond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The Germans had a word for such movements of entire populations out of the
cities, Michael, I think they called it "das endliche losung" - and, just
think, they were fed and clothed during the entire ride.

Die Endloesung, bitte. Actually, they weren't fed, mostly. Transports of Eastern Jews at any rate went in cattle cars, no food or water provided. And people had to bring their own clothes. I'm not comparing this favorably to Pol Pot, it's just the facts.

jks

Do you Yahoo!?