Title: RE: [PEN-L] Skewering stilted language and theory: F. Crews

DD writes:>
But as I have pointed out before, not, of course, to
the paradigmatic example of a Popperian social science,
astrology.  Unlike any other social scientists, the
astrologers provide me with twelve succinct, specific
and easily falsifiable predictions every day with my
daily newspaper.<

the predictions of astrology are too vague to be tested or falsified. (They're much vaguer than those of Milton Friedman's codification of monetarism, for example, which currently is seen as largely falsified by mainstream macroeconomics.) A real test would be to reverse the normal astrological process, predicting one's birthday -- or, easier, one's sign -- based on personality tests and the like. (No google searches allowed.)

Jim