David B. Shemano wrote:

You wish me well with my liberty, but what about my liberty to enter
into a series of contracts with other real persons, and calling
those interlocking series of contracts a "corporation?"  What is a
corporation, but an interlocking series of contracts between real
persons?

An institution with legal rights and substantial economic and political power, far larger than the sum of your "contracts." How many Wal-Mart workers, for example, appreciate the firm's extensive DC lobbying operation, which tries to beat down wage and hour legislation, or its relentless cheapening of labor in its Chinese suppliers, or its rampant sex discrimination?

Doug