by Kenneth Campbell

>CB: Another infamous case of this was the exploding Pinto of Ford.

Thanks, CB. That was the 70s. May not apply to the original post I made,
in the time frame... but same principle.

Regardless... The notion that "lives have worth based upon economic
evaluation" is hated amongst normal working North Americans. I think
there is, in that, a chink in the armor that is worth a bit more than
mere postings about the conditions in South America. It is not to
diminish the rest of the world... more to recognize what is happening
here. Here.

Talk about your dialectical contradictions in the whole...

Ken.

^^^^^^
Yes, the whole moral thing of placing monetary value on human life stares
every law student in the face in torts class.

You are probably aware that many juries ( composed largely on North American
workers) have given such high awards often that the rightwing has been
carrying out tort "reform" for a while, whereby caps are put on the amounts.
A significant part of the leftwing bar in Michigan, National Lawyers
Guilders, have had their practices substantially done away with by recent
tort "deform" in Michigan. Left wing lawyers ( Maurice Sugar and others)
played a big role in developing products liability law.