But my understanding is that utility cannot be
measured except in any but ordinal terms that is by
ranking preferences. If marginal utility can be
represented by dollars then doesn't that imply that
there can be interpersonal comparisons of utility?

Blog:  http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html
Blog:  http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html