* p...@cpan.org [2016-08-20T06:01:16]
> Email::MIME is module which automatically do any MIME encoding/decoding
> without user interaction, so that decoding must be done automatically
> and without such "upgrade" function.

So do you mean that whenever someone reads the header with a specific method,
the header is parsed just-in-time?

If so, this seems like something very easy to add in an Email::MIME subclass to
show it off.

Of course, it's also easy to take the hypothetical code behind
"upgrade_headers($email)" to do something just like this, on a per-known-header
basis.

> I do not want to do that decode manually or call some "upgrade" function
> which you propose... Reading one email header should not change internal
> email structure.

I never suggested that anything was changed by virtue of being read, but rather
that one could explictly upgrade structures if desired.

> Also it must be possible to get either named groups from Original-Cc
> header or only list of addresses. And I think with your proposal API it
> is not possible. You would need to call some "downgrade" function and
> then "upgrade" it to another object or so...

Why would this not be possible?  There is some object storing the mailboxes
structure, and it provides methods that answer the questions one needs to ask.

--
rjbs