Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  * copyright.t - Ensures that there is a "Copyright ".([localtime]->
> [5]+1900) somewhere in every .pm file.  Will break 11 months from now.
>  * distribution.t - Relies on Test::Distribution, which is not in my
> prereq list
>  * perlcritic.t - Runs Test::Perl::Critic on all .pm files.  Will
> fail without my specific $HOME/.perlcriticrc and will fail with
> future, more exhaustive versions of P::C
>  * spelling.t - Runs Test::Spelling.  Will fail without my custom
> dictionary
>  * versionsync.t - Checks that the $VERSION is the same in all bin/*
> and *.pm files.  This test is pointless after release, since it's
> already been tested before release
>  * pod.t - Checks POD validity.  This test is pointless after
> release, since it's already been tested before release
>  * pod-coverage.t - Checks POD completeness.  This test is pointless
> after release, since it's already been tested before release
>
> and one I have not yet employed:
>  * coverage.t - Ensures that Devel::Cover totals are higher than
> some threshold

Wow, you really *are* exhaustive. How do you find the time to write any
code? ;-)

Now that I understand exactly what you mean by "author" tests, here's what I
think: Whatever convention you're using, if these tests are only going to
work on your system, then they definately shouldn't be in "t". And since
there's absolutely no value in these types of tests for anybody else except
the module author, there's no real point in having a convention, just stick
'em anywhere that the make/buildfiles will ignore them.

        - Tyler