Adam Kennedy wrote:

> It might be an interesting idea to also add a "dependencies_exist"
> metric, that makes sure that all the dependencies that are declared
> actually exist in the CPAN. Dunno, could be of dubiously little value,
> but I just managed to somehow upload something with bad deps that I had
> installed on my local machine, but that weren't all on CPAN yet...

I'm not sure this is such a good idea. There are several examples of modules
that rely on other Perl modules that aren't on CPAN. For instance, svk relies on
SVN::Mirror which is a part of svn. SWISH::HiLiter needs SWISH::API which is a
part of swish-e. There are lots of perl modules tied to various projects that
don't exist independently on CPAN.

--
Michael Peters
Developer