A. Pagaltzis wrote:
Adam Kennedy wrote:
On the other hand, the downside with this is that modules could
well have URIs that take actions in them,
*pulls out HTTP RFC*
*starts beating random bad programmers over the head with it*
`GET` SHOULD BE SAFE AND IDEMPOTENT!
`GET` SHOULD BE SAFE AND IDEMPOTENT!
`GET` SHOULD BE SAFE AND IDEMPOTENT!

So I have a URL in a module, which *must* be POSTed for it to do
whatever it needs to do because it's not intended to be impotent.  I
arrange matters so that GETting it is forbidden, because GETting it is
meaningless.  Your GET test then correctly fails, and would be
incorrectly recorded as a failure.  That will really give me confidence
in the quality of CPANTS.

--
David Cantrell