Subject: New to Perl testing.
From: Smita Chavan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:33:51 -0800

}1) What methadology is usually used to mangae the test data/ Test scripts?

There is no single methodology used to manage test data and test programs.
It depends on your environment, what your testing goals and needs are, and
what level of testing coverage you actually need, whether it be unit,
functional, acceptance, or any other type of testing.

}2) Is there any editor that can be used to write the Perl test script?

Any editor that you can write a Perl program in, you can write a
Perl-based test in.

}3) If I am writing the test script for the application under test for mulitple
}browers [namely - IE 7.0(Windows), Fire Fox 2.0(Windows) & Safari 1.3.2 (Mac -
}OSX)], do we need to create multiple test scripts?

Perl is not web only, and so Perl testing is not about the web experience.
If that's what you're looking for, consider using Selenium or another test
framework that drives real-world browsers.  Perl testing is not at a stage
right now where individual browser quirks and behaviors are mimicked in
the environment.

If you simply wish to fetch web pages and analyze the data contained in
them, <http://search.cpan.org/perldoc/Test::WWW::Mechanize> fits your
bill.  It does not do AJAX, Javascript, plugins, or other browser-specific
actions on the returned pages.

To see what's available for testing your Perl code, look at
<http://qa.perl.org> and the Test::Tutorial module, on the web at
<http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.67/lib/Test/Tutorial.pod>.

-Pete K
--