I am personally quite satisfied with the CPAN Testers though I do think that
there is too much noise (false FAIL reports) which mean the average CPAN
user who is not familiar with the situation will be misled.

AFAIK Barbie and co are working on a better schema for the database that
soon will improve the displayed information a lot.

So I'll wait for now.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:10 AM, David Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 01:23:31PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
>> I already know that my distributions don't work if you don't install the
>> dependencies
>
> I'm pretty damned sure that this a straw man.  Can you point at any
> regular tester who *right now* is regularly failing to follow the
> dependency chain?

actually both my recent modules get tons of FAIL reports as they only have
Build.PL and if I understand it the current version of CPANPLUS cannot deal
with that situations. As I understood it will be fixed soon so I shut my
keyboard now.
http://www.cpantesters.org/show/Wx-Perl-Dialog.html
http://www.cpantesters.org/show/Padre.html

On the other hand I don't understand why was this sent:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2008/08/msg2102300.html

It is trying to test a module on 5.6.2 while the module declares both
in META.yml and in Build.PL
that it needs 5.8

Gabor