On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 04:14:28PM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 09:54:10AM -0500, Matthew Horsfall (alh) wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <
> > philippe.bru...@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > - as a side remark, it would be great if the companies that use perl
> > >   would give back some of the money they saved by not having to pay
> > >   for a Perl license especially for an event like this one, that is
> > >   targetted at improving perl & cpan
> > >

> > Agreed, I just wouldn't word it quite like that.
>
> Oops. That wasn't meant to be read by sponsors. ;-)

Welcome to the joys of publicly archived mailing lists.

I think that the Facebook generation have solved this by no longer assuming
that anything is private. Meanwhile the unwilling stars of Wikileaks have
discovered that whilst it was always the case that anything you write down
might end up becoming public, computers just make this a lot easier on an
industrial scale.

Nicholas Clark