On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 10:44:06PM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
> On Wednesday, Oct 2, 2002, at 22:34 Asia/Tokyo, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> >>Yes. that's where hiragana -> katakana conversion is attempted;
> >>English equivalent of tr/A-Z/a-z/.
> >
> >Okay...  What are the {begin,end} codepoints of those ranges,
> >both LHS and RHS of tr, both in EUC-JP and in Unicode?
>
> Both.  I think the operation needed is straight-forward.  When you get
> tr[LHS][RHS], decode'em then
> feed it to the naked tr// .

Urk...  That means a dip into the toke.c, how the tr/// ranges are
implemented is... tricky.  sv_recode_to_utf8() is needed somewhere...
but I'm a little bit pressed for time right now.  I suggest you
perlbug this and move the process to perl5-porters.  (Inaba Hiroto
also might have insight on this; he's the tr///-with-Unicode sensei,
really-- he practically implemented all of it.  And he might read
*[gk]ana much better than me :-)

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special