> Why don't we make a FAQ Auto-responder?
> It could scan subjects and first ten lines for
> a FAQ, and if it finds one, send the FAQ answer.
>
> So it wouldn't cope with the silliest questions,
> but should get most....

Actually its better to include the urls to the archive and the faq in the
email footer.

This is especially useful on mailing lists like this.

Also I can reccomend a well trained infobot on irc - the perl mongers have
several very well informed infobots that do things like whois and weather
lookups as well as factoids on all thing perl related (monty python, buffy
the vampire slayer, photos of drunken perl mongers and camels)

regards,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc (Hons)     www.head2head.co.uk
Internet Application Developer  Perl, UNIX, IIS/ASP