On Sun, 28 May 2000 22:02:44 -0400, Matthew Persico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> In any event, I'm still awe struck by the "Visual Perl" announcement.  However,
>> the concept does sound intriguing.  Having a hard time accepting that MS is so
>> closely embracing perl.
>

>MS isn't. Sounds to me like AS is doing all the work, attaching to MS's
>apis. Maybe you can thank US Justice Dept for even getting MS to be
>cooperative.

Yes, Visual Perl will be an ActiveState product.  Visual Studio 7 will be
much more extensible than earlier versions and Microsoft allows other
companies to integrate into that framework:

    http://msdnisv.microsoft.com/bizconn/vsip/

You do have to pay a license fee to Microsoft to get access to this
technology; the VSIP program is not a consequence of the latest trial
results.

-Jan

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]